Friday, December 9, 2011

How Can Art Help an Engineering Student?

I believe in order accomplish any task, one must first have a plan that they are confident will work. In congruency with my study of engineering, this "Mural-Making-Class" has challenged me to approach problems with the ideology that problems must be solved and cannot be put-off till later.
Aside from developing into a more tenacious problem solver and critical thinker, this class has truly helped me to relate to others.  Before taking on this project, It was safe to say that I did not understand visual art.  Not that I now "understand" art (after painting for only a couple months), but rather, I better understand why others appreciate visual art so much.  I think it is important for a member of a community to strive to have some understanding of other members of that community.  This class has helped me to do this.

I would like to thank Mark Tucker for the artistic skills he has taught me and for the lessons which "can't be taught in school".

~Tim Newberger

No comments:

Post a Comment