Friday, December 9, 2011

The End

So this is it, our last day of art class.

There is so much to say about this experience, yet none of what I feel seems to have as much meaning when written out. I have had a big dose of art instruction throughout my life from ceramics to any 2D art. However, I have never had the experience of working on a piece this big. An experience like this can completely change one's opinion on art. As an artist in the past, I only worked on small art projects never going beyond my comfort zone. I would have never learned that working big can have an even bigger reward and I am so glad I have found that out.

Without this class, I would be stuck reading from books and answering questions. This is the best stress relief and great way to enjoy my week. It's basically freeing and a great escape. Thank goodness for art, I have no idea what I would do without it. My appreciation for art just grows and grows with each passing class. I will definitely miss this environment and all of the people that I was able to share this experience with.

Now all there is to do is wait for the mural to go up in the building and see all of our hard work  pay off. I can't wait for the day.

Thanks for this opportunity, I would'nt give it up for anything.
-Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment